Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 2 EOC: La Dolce Vita

I thought the film was ahead of its time.  If you compared the movie to some of the ones out today, other than new technology in movie-making, this is brilliantly made.  I loved the composition and how the film maker effectively utilized light and dark.

What I think of paparazzi is that they work very hard to get the picture they want.  However, some of them do go overboard and really bother the celebrity.  I guess it is because the consumer demands it.  We buy everything from magazines, newspapers and we even watch different shows on tv based on candid photographs of celebrities.  It is incredible that consumers just admire or even worship celebrities even if they are at their worst, which was depicted in this film.  The director showed how paparazzi will  push each other out of the way and do whatever they can to get the shot.

On a personal level, I am probably not going to become a paparazzo as I intend to work in weddings.  Although one may never know because anything can happen to your career and pursue where the money is made.  I never thought I was going to be a car salesman or a concierge at a hotel, but that is what I did for a few years and made some money doing it.

Being a paparazzo might end up being enjoyable even though it seems like a stressful job.  So as a paparazzo for the assignment what I am planning on doing is to go to different clubs where celebrities hang out, or even check out different shows.  Maybe just hang out on the Strip and photograph a famous celebrity there.  Las Vegas is known for having several celebrities party here and I will be wearing the Press Pass I will make from this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment