Monday, July 30, 2012

You Incredible!




Me relaxing at Lake Las Vegas during sunset

I took my family out to the Lakes for this assignment. It was a gorgeous day and the sunset was beautiful.  This is a shot of me looking out the lake with a Canon T3i.  I had my nephew help me as he's the one that took the picture.  We rushed to the lake because I wanted to take the picture in the 'magic hour'.  I wore an orange shirt so it would be bright enough and also because sunsets have that reddish-orange glow, so I could match the colors.  I composed myself at the bottom right of the rule of thirds because I was facing to the left of the picture and that I would still be looking within the picture.  This makes it the viewer follow where I was looking, instead of being lost looking at it.  I am glad that it was a quiet peaceful day and so nobody was in the background to spoil the shot.  Overall, this was my National Geographic assignment and I enjoyed working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment